Overwhelmed with insects

Status
Not open for further replies.
We all know (hopefully) that bearded dragons need to eat certain types of gut filled food. Especially when they are babies and juveniles. I know what to feed in terms of greens, but there are so many bugs out there bearded dragons can eat. I know the ones they can and can't and there is a lot they can. But where I live crickets are the easiest thing to buy and breed. Its sort of the only thing I can find close by. But, I could learn how to care for some other type of insect like superworms, mealworms, so on. But that would be difficult because then if I run out I would need to drive an hour and a half away to get more. So, my question is should I stick with the stuff I know like crickets or try for something else?

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
You can always order dubias horn worms super worms etc on line- I order from Dubiaroaches.com- you can google dubias and check other websites as well - I like and and have had good luck from dubiaroaches.com-- I would stay away from roachking.com - they send their roaches loose in a box - they are double boxed and the second box they come loose - I made the mistake and I had roaches everywhere when I opened the box --

Karrie

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
beardieburrito20":1vkxyfto said:
We all know (hopefully) that bearded dragons need to eat certain types of gut filled food. Especially when they are babies and juveniles. I know what to feed in terms of greens, but there are so many bugs out there bearded dragons can eat. I know the ones they can and can't and there is a lot they can. But where I live crickets are the easiest thing to buy and breed. Its sort of the only thing I can find close by. But, I could learn how to care for some other type of insect like superworms, mealworms, so on. But that would be difficult because then if I run out I would need to drive an hour and a half away to get more. So, my question is should I stick with the stuff I know like crickets or try for something else?

what country are you in ….?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineP95
Top Bottom