Preserving greens?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BeardMom

This (to me) sounds like kindof a "duh" question but I'm wondering if there's any way to preserve my beardie's greens so they last longer. I don't wanna freeze them for obvious reasons but I'm also hesitant to try to dry them out because I think it cuts the nutritional value down quite a bit. Any tricks up yall's sleeves as to how you might make them last longer would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Xanelic

Hatchling Member
BeardMom":150mty2j said:
This (to me) sounds like kindof a "duh" question but I'm wondering if there's any way to preserve my beardie's greens so they last longer. I don't wanna freeze them for obvious reasons but I'm also hesitant to try to dry them out because I think it cuts the nutritional value down quite a bit. Any tricks up yall's sleeves as to how you might make them last longer would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

I just out mines in a ziplock bag. After I give my beardie his greens I spray the bag with the greens inside and zip it back up without any trapped air in it and then I just put it in the fridge

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
I do that too and it works well. As soon as I get greens home or harvest them, I wash them, cut the stem out and feed that to the roach colony, put the leaves in a quart ziploc with a fold of paper towel, remove the air, and put it in the fridge. I can keep greens crisp for weeks that way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineP95
Top Bottom