Soldier Fly Larvae

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cari

LESSON LEARNED! SFL love the heat. I put them next to my roach enclosure last night to keep them warm and all of them were at the top of their container this morning trying to get close to the heater. A lot of them are really tiny so it was like playing with maggots (eww). They are very active when warm! Lol :) I have to find a new enclosure for them with a heat pad at the bottom. Does anyone know if they can share a space with super worms?

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
They do like heat. If you keep them cooler they will last longer before hatching though. I usually just store them at room temp. I would keep them separate from supers. I usually just leave them in the container they arrive in.

Peach

Hatchling Member
I keep mine in a cooler that has some freezer packs in it so it keeps them at about 55 degrees. They will easily last 3 weeks without any morphing into flies and by that time, Bleu has eaten them all. They will be still but will warm up once in the tank under the lights.

Cari

Original Poster
The reason I am using the heat is because I accidently purchased the small ones, 300 of them, so I need them to grow a little bigger. Usually I keep the bigger ones at room temp.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
El heffe
Top Bottom