10 month old beardie overweight?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cari

Is obesity even possible at this age? He looks a little chunky, should I be feeding more greens and less bugs?
101384-7998577682.jpg

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Hi there, although some owners don't believe it, it is possible and your guy is just a bit too chunky. Just like teenagers can become overweight before adulthood, so can beardies. You could cut back on the live feeders and offer greens at least 3X a week [ turnip, mustard, collard, endive, dandelion, kale and also peas, green beans , squash ]

What is his diet like now ?

Cari

Original Poster
101384-2998629282.jpg
He's still deciding what fruits and veggies that he likes. I like to change it up every week. Last week it was mustard greens and dandelion greens with squash, banana and mango. This week, it's collard greens with about 6 sfl sprinkled on top for breakfast and he usually eats about 20 sfl at dinner time or 3 roaches and 10 sfl. I threw a finely chopped cucumber on his salad this morning to see if he likes those. Ran out of sfl last night so its just plain salad this morning. He was not happy, kept giving me the stink eye (photo). He is a very picky eater when it comes to salad, I have not yet found something he really likes. He did eat pregnant roach Monday, it was really gross!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mnstorm07
Top Bottom