Beardie not eating

Status
Not open for further replies.

OliverQuentin

I’ve had my dragon since March of this year. Dubia roaches are his staple feeder insect. He also occasionally gets nutrigrubs, super worms, and horn worms. He was a good eater until about a month ago when he just stopped! Isn’t losing any weight, he weighs 243g and is going to be 7 months October 2nd. His basking light and UVB light is a mercury vapor bulb. For a couple hrs during the day his other uvb light (a reptisun uvb tune light) is turned on too, in case he visits his cold side. His basking spot is around 103right now, fluctuates between 100-105. He takes organic baby food through a syringe, and since he hasn’t been eating roaches I’ve been mixing his calcium plus powder in the baby food. When he first stopped eating he seemed like he was wanting to Brumate, but I figured he was too young and too small so I took away the log he would hide under on the cold side and moved it to the warm side. Now he spends his time on the warm side mostly, but still not eating! He’s active, pooping, and getting baths every other day. Is he going to eat for me again soon?

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Hi there, you might just get a fecal test done to rule out parasites. Other than that it may just be a normal slow down period that a lot of dragons go through . He's probably fine though. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jelynnm
Top Bottom