Getting Dubia out to Feed?

Status
Not open for further replies.
How does everyone get their roaches out to feed to their beardies? I feel like I take forever trying to chase them and pick them out one-by-one with tongs (not touching them lol). I recently added a couple toilet paper rolls to their bin, and can manage to get a fair amount out by tapping them into the bowl. I thought I'd check with those more experienced to see if there was a more efficient way.

RarestDragon

Hatchling Member
I just pick them out by hand.

Calgrim":3gj73hui said:
I just use my hands and grab em. They dont bite or anything.

Actually, they can bite...sort of. Sometimes when my hands smell like food, the roaches will try to chew on me. It doesn't hurt at all but it tickles to high heavens. I would relate it to the feeling of a fingernail lightly scratching my skin.

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
I use one of these
https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Vacuum-Spider-Catcher-Battery-Operated-Bug-Insect-Sucker-Wand-Critter-Hoover-NEW/273014220167?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649

for transferring my bulk orders of 1000 medium crickets from the dump tub to my Piscus Cricket Tubs (each holds about 100 crickets happily for up to a month.

My suppliers ship the crickets in mailer tubes or calico bags packed in boxes , and I simply tip the crickets out into a 35L tub, and suck up 100 at a time to transfer to my keeper tubs (old Piscus Cricket tubs that have been cleaned).

Makes very fast work of catching crickets from the dump tub and the keeper tubs , and rogue crickets that escape me (hoppy little buggers !!).

Lorilyn

Hatchling Member
I refuse to touch the Dubia's also! I use a spoon and tap/scrape off of the egg crate into a red solo cup that I put on the bottom of their bin. Then shake them in the solo cup with vitamins or calcium and then pour them in her dish. She now sees a red solo cup as her food source! :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineP95
Top Bottom