My bearded dragon won’t eat his greens.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello, my bearded dragon is 2 years old now and he won’t eat anything along the lines of crickets, meal worms, or collard greens, mustard greens, kale or anything he only wants to eat his Goliath worms aka horn worms. I’ve tried everything he has proper lighting. A nice basking spot and a warm cage. I use a sand substrate idk if I should switch it out or not but I really need help. He hasn’t pooped in about a week and a half and he absolutely will not touch his veggies or even fruit I’ve tried apples. Strawberries and raspberry’s but still no luck. Please comment.

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
LeoTheBeardedDragin":2wte4iqh said:
Hello, my bearded dragon is 2 years old now and he won’t eat anything along the lines of crickets, meal worms, or collard greens, mustard greens, kale or anything he only wants to eat his Goliath worms aka horn worms. I’ve tried everything he has proper lighting. A nice basking spot and a warm cage. I use a sand substrate idk if I should switch it out or not but I really need help. He hasn’t pooped in about a week and a half and he absolutely will not touch his veggies or even fruit I’ve tried apples. Strawberries and raspberry’s but still no luck. Please comment.

Where are you (as in north or south of the equator) ?

I suggest you work through this viewtopic.php?f=6&t=236150&p=1815390#p1815390 , the reason for this lack of appetite might be found.

LeoTheBeardedDragin

Original Poster
kingofnobbys":1686jtno said:
LeoTheBeardedDragin":1686jtno said:

I suggest you work through this viewtopic.php?f=6&t=236150&p=1815390#p1815390 , the reason for this lack of appetite might be found.

I reviewed this whole page and nothing was relating to my problem.

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
LeoTheBeardedDragin":1hmhwko8 said:
kingofnobbys":1hmhwko8 said:
LeoTheBeardedDragin":1hmhwko8 said:

I reviewed this whole page and nothing was relating to my problem.

Some pet dragons just don't like their greens, or the greens on offer (just like some people love asparagus and others hate the taste and refuse to eat it or anything that has been contaminated by it's flavor/taste/smell) , and wont voluntarily eat them , in this case the options are
>>> if dragon doesn't like the taste of the greens you are buying, try different greens , you may hit on variety of greens the dragon likes the taste of and will eat willingly
>>> Repashi VeggieBurger in leu of fresh salad
>>> handfeeding the greens (you might have to give a wormy bribe between each piece of green)
>>> making sure all insects (crickets, roaches, locusts) are gutloaded with the greens you want to get into the dragon.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
He is holding out for the hornworms, plain + simple. That is what he now prefers and if you hold off on feeding him those [ tough love ! ] then he will not starve himself but he will begin to eat other things.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
matthewsalecia2015
Top Bottom