Anyone grown a veggie garden for their beardie?

Status
Not open for further replies.

branjie

Hi everyone, I hope you and your beardie are having a good day. I am planning a veggie garden bed for my beardie. It's a raised bed with high sides, I'm even hoping to put him in there on a nice day (closely supervised in case he wants to eat dirt or becomes stressed etc.)

Have you succeeded in growing some nice veg for your beardie? Any recommendations?

Peach

Hatchling Member
We planted mustard in pots because the stores here never have any. It's just about ready to pluck before the frost hits Montana :)

destiny1998

Extreme Poster
Photo Comp Winner
Hi. I too live in Montana and we grow collards which grow very well. We also plant impatient which they love.

Peach

Hatchling Member
Impatiens? Wow, I didn't know they could eat those. They'll grow well inside over the winter :)

HippieLizards

Gray-bearded Member
Beardie name(s)
Daisy, Loki, Rocket, Phoenix, Mulder & Scully. Non beardie pets: Stan (Leo) Cayde (Hognose) Tillery (cat)
We grow zucchini which the feeder insects (and sometimes the beardies) Like. I might try to grow some collards or mustards soon though. ?

branjie

Original Poster
Thank you so much for all of your responses. For some reason you can't buy collards at the shops, or even the seeds here in Australia. I reckon I'll be able to grow the others. So excited to get going, as it's Spring here now, so a good time to get started.

HippieLizards

Gray-bearded Member
Beardie name(s)
Daisy, Loki, Rocket, Phoenix, Mulder & Scully. Non beardie pets: Stan (Leo) Cayde (Hognose) Tillery (cat)
branjie":2ti4h8rl said:
Thank you so much for all of your responses. For some reason you can't buy collards at the shops, or even the seeds here in Australia. I reckon I'll be able to grow the others. So excited to get going, as it's Spring here now, so a good time to get started.

No Problem. and Wow, I Didn't know you couldn't get collards in Australia. ? Perhaps Amazon.com or EBay perhaps? :?

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
My dragons also eat impatiens, dandelions clover leaf [ a favorite ] and mulberry leaves from my tree.

branjie

Original Poster
AHBD":4wp34hzw said:
My dragons also eat impatiens, dandelions clover leaf [ a favorite ] and mulberry leaves from my tree.

I started growing a Mulberry tree last Summer, it's still tiny, haven't tried Gilbert on the leaves yet, but will do. He mostly eats Dandelion leaves for his greens. Can't wait to get some Impatiens for him. They will be really pretty in the grarden. Can he eat the Impatiens flowers as well as the leaves?

Thanks!

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Yes, they like the flowers. Add them on top of a salad for color and mot dragons go right for them. Just be sure they are not new from the greenhouse, spray them gently for a while before you feed them to rinse any possible insecticides.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lillyjane
Top Bottom