Is it time for vegetables?

Status
Not open for further replies.

L337h4l

My beardie is roughly 4-6 months of age and has grown to 11.5 inches in length from tail to head and I remembered someone told me that when they are around 6 months old they are considered juvenile and require vegetables in their diet. Now my beardie roughly eats 60 small dubia roaches a day so he has a large appetite. I just wouldnt know how much vegetables I should substitute for roughly 20% I think it was at juvenile stage.

VenusAndSaturn

Sub-Adult Member
Offer a small amount of veggies daily, honestly, you could have started when you first got him...
Some will eat veggies regularly at a young age, others may snack on them and then with some it's a constant battle when they are younger.

Dont be alarmed if he isnt eating his veggies, he will eventually just give it time. With one of my beardies it was a struggle to get her to even realize veggies were food until she was a little over a year old.

L337h4l

Original Poster
I've fed him veggies before without and issue he'd eat them, I was just told that at the stage I got him, it was better to stick to an all insect diet

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chad03109
Top Bottom