World's Fussiest Dragon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Za941

Hi there

My beardie has just turned 9 months old and I'm trying to get her to eat more greens. I've tried everything, EVERYTHING. The only way is to kind of press the greens against her lips and then she'll actually munch on it and spit it back out ?? I've tried collard greens,kale,cabbage,apple,blueberry, strawberry,peppers, dandelions everything. Same reaction.

She's always been a fussy eater since she was a baby. Nothing to do with her Viv, she's perfectly healthy, a slow grower but healthy. She's even fussy with bugs, only eats them when she feels like it which could be every few days unless I hand feed her.

I'm just wondering if anyone has had any success with changing their dragons eating habits. I'm also wonder now that she's a bit older should she still be eating as much as she was when she was a baby?

Za941

Original Poster
P.S

The reason I know she's fussy and not I'll is because she will bite my finger off for scrambled eggs. Which I only feed her as a treat or when she's not been eating regularly.

Cari

Hi there! I have a fussy eater as well and he's about the same age too! The only way I can get him to eat greens is to trick him by putting worms on the top of his salad. Sometimes it works, sometimes not.
101384-7998577682.jpg

Kendo97

Hi!
I just recently had success by dipping greens into baby food. My beardie likes the baby food and tries to lick It off and then eats the greens.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom