What do you think of my feeding schedule?

Status
Not open for further replies.
With 3 lizards of different ages, feeding was getting confusing so I made a schedule. What do you think?

At the moment feeding look like this:
Weekly
50 large crickets for Hutchi or 35 large crickets + worms.
500-800 small crickets for Heidi.
30 medium crickets for Yoshi.

101028-5939120464.jpg

P.S. I also have growing charts, I am monitoring hutchi's poop schedule for now to figure him out and I have a "how many crickets each lizard eat a day" chart. I am taking this very seriously I might be over doing it. :lol:

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Looks pretty good, no one is starving in your house. :lol: A few suggestions....Hutchi only needs calcium 2-3X a week. The baby might be able to eat larger crickets, 800 is waaaaaaay too many, you can get by with 400 or so if they are the right size. A baby should be eating 40-60 crickets per day.

Can you post pics of all of them, and the size of the crickets that you are feeding to Heidi ? I can almost guarantee you can go up a size and feed her much less.

DragonFrenchy

Original Poster
AHBD":3gtdm8w6 said:
Looks pretty good, no one is starving in your house. :lol: A few suggestions....Hutchi only needs calcium 2-3X a week. The baby might be able to eat larger crickets, 800 is waaaaaaay too many, you can get by with 400 or so if they are the right size. A baby should be eating 40-60 crickets per day.

Can you post pics of all of them, and the size of the crickets that you are feeding to Heidi ? I can almost guarantee you can go up a size and feed her much less.

Thank you. I will adjust the calcium down to 3 days/week for Hutchi.

For sure no starvation here lol. I was worried the medium crickets would outgrow Heidi too quickly. But my order of small crickets end up a mix size of 1/8 to 1/4 inch so ya too tiny.

Already order 500 small and 500 medium crickets. My plan is to feed Heidi the medium first until they get too large if they do. In the meantime the small ones will have time to grow a bit. I should be good for 2 or 3 weeks and be able to order 1000 medium next time. I'll definitely ask if still not sure of the size next time I order.

This is her right now. She is a little over 1/2 inch eye distance, will be 3 months Saturday and about 8.5" and 25 grams. :)
101028-2584667700.jpg

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
I know it can be a dilemna when ordering a lot of crix for a young beardie. She's def. big enough for the 1/2" . You did good to order 500 of each so the smaller can catch up. They don't grow too quickly though but it's a good method to be sure the crix aren't TOO large. The next order you'll probably be fine just ordering the 1/2 inch.

BTW, have you considered raising dubia roaches ?

DragonFrenchy

Original Poster
AHBD":4jslkfqb said:
I know it can be a dilemna when ordering a lot of crix for a young beardie. She's def. big enough for the 1/2" . You did good to order 500 of each so the smaller can catch up. They don't grow too quickly though but it's a good method to be sure the crix aren't TOO large. The next order you'll probably be fine just ordering the 1/2 inch.

BTW, have you considered raising dubia roaches ?

I don't think the dubia roaches are legal in Canada. And I am already not so comfortable with the crickets really. So gross! :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kimberly_Eaton
Top Bottom