Year old beadie randomly stopped eating his veg?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alupe

For the past three days he doesn't seem at all interested in his veg, usually I give him veg every day (on top of live food now and again) and he eats most of it. But unless I trick him into eating the veg by putting mini mealworms in the mix he wont touch it and even then he barely makes a dent. His veg usually consist of spring greens, wild rocket, water cress, butternut squash, lamb lettuce and sometimes fruit. He'll happily eat some roaches though. I did notice on his head above his eye is pink, is he starting to shed his head? Could that affect his appetite? He's barely eaten past 3 days outside of occasional live stuff. His poop is normal and seems to like hiding in his dark area. Is he ok? Is it all because he's (i assume) shedding his head?

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
He needs his live insects much more at his age.

If he's not eating the salad, give it to the bugs to feed them and gut load them as well as offering it to him fresh daily.

Some beardies simply aren't fans of leafy stuff or the chunks of fruit and veg.

Yes …. depending on the size of the impending shed , they can go from being entirely unaffected (piecemeal small areas) to pretty miserable and uncomfortable and off the tucker for a little while, even grumpy if it's going to be a big shed.
They have a hardy time of it when shedding than skinks do , skinks are breeze when shedding , it all happens in a day for skinks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommatojack
Top Bottom