My dragon isnt eating their vegetables!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Empyreal

I've tried mixing their roaches and worms in their greens and it's not working! Their greens consist of collard greens and I throw in some dragon safe fruit or vegetables, but no bite. I suspect maybe they take a bite but it's very little.

What's frustrating (but honestly really funny) is that I got some new decor with fake plants on it and they try to eat those! (They dont come off dont worry)

100972-5235375343.jpg

I'm not comfortable with force feeding bc I dont want to hurt them or anything and they still aren't used to me. We've only been together for a week. Please help!

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Young dragons tend to prefer bugs over veges because they need lots of protein to support growth spurts. Keep salads available but don't worry about it too much if they are ignored. Leftovers can go to the roaches for now. They tend to move to a more vegetarian diet as their growth slows between about 12-18 months.

Empyreal

Original Poster
CooperDragon":jh9yg409 said:
Young dragons tend to prefer bugs over veges because they need lots of protein to support growth spurts. Keep salads available but don't worry about it too much if they are ignored. Leftovers can go to the roaches for now. They tend to move to a more vegetarian diet as their growth slows between about 12-18 months.

Oh ok that's good to know! I didn't know they didn't necessarily need the salad. Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineP95
Top Bottom