How many Dubias are too much?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TracyMarie

Hatchling Member
I ask because I have a new beardie, a girl. I got her last Saturday, but she is an adult, 2 1/2 years old. We also have a new store in town that now stocks Dubias, so they are new to me too. My boy Beardie (2 years old) has decided he actually likes dubias, he usally turns down superworms and butterworms etc. He prefer's greens and Horn worms.

My guy Murphy ate 8 dubias yesterday. I figured that was not too much, that was just all I had yesterday. I bought more today and my girl ate 20!!! I stopped at 20, but she would have eaten more. She has been eating a good portion of her salad daily. Is 20 too much? It had been two days since she had had her last dubias and then I had fed her 10.

If I feed Dubias every other day about how many should my 2 year old guy and my 2 1/2 year old girl be eating, can you give them too much?

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
I feed my adult dragon as many roaches as he wants once or twice per week. He is good about eating his veges every day though so the majority of his food comes from his salads. The actual number of roaches they eat will fluctuate but adults need much less protein than growing dragons so bugs should be (very roughly) about 20% of the overall diet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineP95
Top Bottom