Staple salad ideas?! 1 year old dragon?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello, I have a very picky almost 1 year old dragon. He mainly eats his crickets and superworm as his protein staple. So far I try mixing kale, collard greens , parsley, squash and eggplant. Would love some ideas of some of the salads your dragon's like to eat?

My dragon seems to like kale the most but I have read a Lot of mixed reviews on feeding it to them? Also he only seems to eat his salad when nobody is watching him. I have walked in on him chomping down, he admeditly stops Drops what's in his mouth and walks backwards away .... ???

Terry15

Sub-Adult Member
I was surprised this morning when he started eating his kale & greens, but I was wiggling them, lol. I just wish he would eat everything, without me feeding him.

Travistwiggy

Original Poster
Lol yes I find it frustrating I can't get him to eat much for greens at all... he reminds me of a spoiled kid when I try to put greens to his face he closes his eyes and turns his head.. he actually runs away when I put salad in with him... I know there still time before the switch to 80% veg, just does not look promising at this point.

Travistwiggy

Original Poster
I do feed him squash. I cook mine first then mash it up and put dabs of it on his salad he seems to eat some of it.

AnikaWest

I usually give Cody collard or mustard greens, carrots, snap peas, bell peppers, dried mealworms, rose petals, and a dusting of bee pollen. The dried meal worms are what attract her over to the salad. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommatojack
Top Bottom