How much for baby Beardies

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi! I’m receiving a 2 month old Beardie Wednesday and am purchasing Feeders today. The main insect diet he will get is of crickets and Phoenix worms. I’m basically wondering how much I should feed him a day and if I should purchase the small or medium sized feeders? I’m looking for more of a number on how much I should feed him a day to keep him healthy.

kyleena29

Sub-Adult Member
Probably small crickets and you can go large on the phoenix worms. While they are young they can eat quite a few a day. It's best to feed 3x a day (at least 2 if not possible) as much as they want in 5-10 min. This could be 30-40 crickets depending on size. It would be best to order crickets in bulk. I never fed crickets, just dubias so I'm not the best for answering this and going off of what others have said.

Lovinthebeardies

Original Poster
kyleena29":28yqn6wy said:
Probably small crickets and you can go large on the phoenix worms. While they are young they can eat quite a few a day. It's best to feed 3x a day (at least 2 if not possible) as much as they want in 5-10 min. This could be 30-40 crickets depending on size. It would be best to order crickets in bulk. I never fed crickets, just dubias so I'm not the best for answering this and going off of what others have said.

They offer 5mm and 12mm Phoenix worms, which one would work best?

kyleena29

Sub-Adult Member
12mm ones should be fine. If you have a wine cooler it's perfect to store them there. It's too cold in a fridge, unless you can find a warm spot of 55F. Or you can find other means of keeping them cool to slow their growth into pupation. If you are not going to store them however, you could go with the 5mm so they will grow and not pupate as fast. It is entirely up to you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom