Ordering Worms in Summer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey Everyone! I am going to be getting an 8 week old bearded dragon. But before I get her shipped here I need to order her food. I want to buy a baby bearded dragon sampler pack and 200- 2 week old crickets from Rainbowmealworms.com. But they are saying that if the temp is 85 degrees or higher put your order on hold. The whole week is above 85 degrees. How do you guys order your worms and crickets in the summer?

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
I usually wait until the temps drop a bit (and warm up a bit in the winter). Until the temps drop it might be easiest to get supplies at the pet store if you can. I usually rely on my roach colony for bugs to get through times when shipping isn't reasonable.

I just ordered my first order from them so I may be wrong. I understood it as they will ship it but your local post office will hold it until you pick it up. It's so they aren't sitting in the sun all day outside your front door roasting while you're at work. I can let you know how it goes if you would like :)

chifeo

HarmonyLOVE17":1cbbpd3m said:
Hey Everyone! I am going to be getting an 8 week old bearded dragon. But before I get her shipped here I need to order her food. I want to buy a baby bearded dragon sampler pack and 200- 2 week old crickets from Rainbowmealworms.com. But they are saying that if the temp is 85 degrees or higher put your order on hold. The whole week is above 85 degrees. How do you guys order your worms and crickets in the summer?

Did you get your beardie? how did your first order of feeders go?
When I got Kempachi I was sent home with crickets- but within days I switched him to dubia nymphs as his stable, and switch between wax worms, silk worms, and BSFL as his second staple. My first order I also got 500 mealworms and 200 superworms. It's been 3 months and I already have my own colony of mealworms and have hatched enough superworm beetles for them to start reproducing too. I use the mealworms as snacks a few times during the week, not as a main source of nutrition. I'm no expert, but as a beginner in reptile keeping, this is what has worked for me so far.

Kempachi is growing steadily and his appetite is that of a growing boy. The few crickets I had were pretty messy and hard to catch in the event one escaped (look forward to that). When ordering, have the package delivered to your local post office for pickup during crazy weather temps. Like that your DOA won't be too high.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jelynnm
Top Bottom