Concern about my bearded dragon eating basil “stems”.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shaye

I wanted to plant some basil in the corner sort of near his water dish on the cool/shaded side of his cage but had a small question of concern. I know that he can eat the flower/bud/leaves, but what about the “stem”? Is it even considered that? I just was wondering if it had any different compounds that could be dangerous for him if eaten.

Thank you in advance to any replies!

Shaye

Original Poster
Also if I’ve said anything confusing/off ,if I’ve posted this in the wrong section, or anything else.... Please let me know what is wrong!

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
I don't think that any part of the basil plant is harmful to them so I wouldn't worry about that. He might trample it or not like the taste of it but it's not likely to be harmful at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom