Food for a hatchling

Status
Not open for further replies.

pechadm88

Hey guys! I’m the owner of Pascal and I decided to get him a buddy. So this is Hiccup.

I bought Pascal about a month and a half ago now. When I got him he was probably considered a juvenile. Hiccup is a hatching, he/she is tiny and oh so adorable! I have a 40 gallon set-up and my Reptisun 10.0 T5 HO will be here in the next 10 days or less! He has a stupid coil one until it comes...I know it’s bad but my local store was out of Reptisuns. Might just take Pascals and swap them back and forth until my other one arrives. And he will have 150watt basking bulb with an 8.5 domed clamp lamp. He has a basking one now but it is smaller as it came as a set so I am upgrading right away. Will be here Monday.

Anyway, since he is so small, I opted to do the Nature Zone baby bearded dragon food along with veggies to get him started. Will this be ok until he grows a little or should I order the black soldier fly larvae right away? And will I need a multi vitamin until he starts to eat veggies? Pascal loved his veggies so I never had to worry about it.
99213-5328135602.jpg
99213-4919690671.jpg

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
He's a cute little guy. I'd start him in on very small bugs and see how that goes. I'll be he'd enjoy hunting down some small crickets or roaches and some small black soldier fly larvae. I'd dust them all with a light even coat of calcium and maybe use a multivitamin once or twice per week. Or you could just go with an all in one like repashy calcium plus. I'd use the LoD version when you have your T5 as he can probably synthesize vitamin D on his own under that light.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineP95
Top Bottom