Food Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

bfeg272

Right now I've been feeding my little guy crickets every day. They are pretty costly where I live at 16 cents a cricket. I've been looking for alternatives. I've considered dubia roaches but my family refuses to allow them in the house (even trying to explain that they are not cockroaches). I've been looking into phoenix worms and i'm pretty sure my pet store sells reptiworms but I'm just looking for suggestions. He loves wax worms but I try to make them a treat. I've noticed if i give him some he turns his nose up at crickets for the remainder of the day.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Yeah using the crickets from the pet store gets expensive really quickly. It's too bad the roaches aren't an option as they are much easier to keep. Phoenix/Repti/Calci worms (black soldier fly larvae) are good options to have. Can you order feeders online? If you stick with crickets you can use a site like premiumcrickets or armstrongcrickets or flukers and they will ship them in bulk so you can buy them a month at a time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lillyjane
Top Bottom