My beardie won’t eat veggies

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ben29

I have a 4 month old beardie and I’ve been trying to get him to eat veggies with no luck. I’ve tried to put veggies in his meal worms, at first he would get some veggies with the worms, but now he literally scratches all the veggies out of his bowl to find the worms?. It’s entertaining but frustrating. I’ve held out on feeding him his worms and crickets for a day and then put veggies in his bowl all weekend and he won’t touch them. Any tips would be awesome!

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
It's pretty common for the little guys to ignore veges in favor of bugs. They need the protein to support their big growth spurts. Keep making the salads available but it's OK if he wants bugs for now. As he reaches full size at around 12-18 months then his appetite will slow a bit and he should start eating more and more veges.

Ben29

Original Poster
CooperDragon":26ygi0oa said:
It's pretty common for the little guys to ignore veges in favor of bugs. They need the protein to support their big growth spurts. Keep making the salads available but it's OK if he wants bugs for now. As he reaches full size at around 12-18 months then his appetite will slow a bit and he should start eating more and more veges.

Sounds good, thanks for the reply. I’ll just try to switch up what we’re trying as far as veggies for him see if I can’t find something he likes. But he definitely prefers bugs he digs all the salad out of his bowl to get to them lol

sara06

A good incentive for Beardies to eat their salad is to mix some worms in with it. They'll eat the salad trying to get at the little wormies :D My Beardie never ate her greens but I tried this method and now she eats regularly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom