Young Beardie won't eat any salad or greens

Status
Not open for further replies.

bsjcah

Hello everyone,

I hope you can advise?

My Beardie, Shed, is approximately 8 months old. He will eat locusts and morio worms but won't eat crickets, dubia roaches (which is a pain because I now have a thriving farm) but more worryingly, he will not eat any of the salad or fruit which I prepare for him.

Is this normal? Will he get into veg and fruit when he gets older? Should I be worried at this stage?

Thanks

B

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
I wouldn't worry too much at this age. He still needs lots of protein. Keep offering the salads and hopefully he will dig in more over the next 6 months or so. He may be getting spoiled by the morio worms. I'd use those just as a treat and keep trying with the roaches. The roaches and locusts are good staple feeders. They do get picky sometimes so just rotate the offerings and let him take what he wants. He should be approaching full size at around 12-18 months and that's when you'll see the slowdown in appetite (relatively) and (often slow) transition to more veges.

bsjcah

Original Poster
CooperDragon":5x3xhwxz said:
I wouldn't worry too much at this age. He still needs lots of protein. Keep offering the salads and hopefully he will dig in more over the next 6 months or so. He may be getting spoiled by the morio worms. I'd use those just as a treat and keep trying with the roaches. The roaches and locusts are good staple feeders. They do get picky sometimes so just rotate the offerings and let him take what he wants. He should be approaching full size at around 12-18 months and that's when you'll see the slowdown in appetite (relatively) and (often slow) transition to more veges.

Thank you very much for reassuring me, I will do as you suggest :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chad03109
Top Bottom