Feeders For Beardie

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrChenMan

Right, I’ve been researching the new best option for me and my bearded dragon Winter. First of all, I’m done with crickets, it’s never going to happen again so talking about them would be pointless. Next, I live in Canada, which means that all tropical roaches (including Dubai’s and discoids) are only allowed for testing and/or educational use which means I can’t use them for my own benefit. I am feeding supers now, but it turns out they are not the best staple, and this is why I’m writing this. Hornworms and Silkworms would be great if they weren’t so goddammed expensive. I am debating Phoenix worms, but I feel that they will be to small for my massive dragon (may potentially be a German giant or the offspring of one). Nightcrawlers and Red Wigglers are one of the few worms my dragon doesn’t like, which is very unfortunate. All I want is something I can feed on a regular basis and it would be much appreciated if someone on this forms would help me out:) Thanks!

VenusAndSaturn

Sub-Adult Member
Black soldier fly larvae would be most likely the best choice for you. My beardies love them, except for my male who hates them, but the other two eat them up as soon as they're placed in front of them.

Which black soldier fly larvae also go by BSFL, Nutrigrubs, phoenix worms, calciworms and I think a few other names.
You do have to feed quite a bit of them for a full meal as they are a tad small but they last a long time and are quite healthy feeders.

You could also feed grasshoppers or locusts if you can find some that are live and not wild caught.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom