Mealworms for a coupe days.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beardyguy47

So I have juvenile bearded dragon (I think). Bought him from the pet store a couple weeks ago and have been feeding him Dubias. He ate them so fast that I ran out before I could order more. Anyway, I went to the pet store to get him small crickets, but they were all out of the small ones. The large ones were way to big. So they talked me into buying mealworms. Is this going to be alright for 4-5 days maximum? Just until my dubias get here. I’m worried about impaction.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
The mealworms aren't great but offering some of them shouldn't be a big deal. Just don't offer too many at once and make sure they get chewed up pretty well. In addition to dubias it might be useful to order a container of black soldier fly larvae. They are soft and relatively healthy option to keep in the bug rotation.

Beardyguy47

Original Poster
I actually have some currently. Been feeding him quite a bit of those. Same thing a nutrigrubs I believe

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Yep, that's the stuff. Offering a few mealies is OK as I said but I'd keep with the BSFL more heavily.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yunasmama
Top Bottom