New 4 month old, no eating no poop

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sammypaige

Hello all thanks so much for reading this post..

A coworker was looking to rehome her 4mo old bearded dragon and I offered to take him as I’ve always wanted one and I’ve been doing research... she gave me all the supplies she had and I noticed the crickets and superworms she had were way to big for the little guy...

So I’ve had him three days, he’s got a basking light and uvb bulb from my friend but I can’t tell what kind it is so I’ll be purchasing new o es for piece of mind.. tank in the temp has been consistently 90-95. The first day he ate a few of the tiny superworms I could find amongst the tub, but for the past two days he hasn’t eaten any of the small crickets I’ve given him or greens.

Is he still settling in? Should I be worried? Any tips or criticism is appreciated! I just want this guy happy and healthy! Thanks so much

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
My guess is that he's probably still settling in. This can take anywhere from a few days to a few weeks usually. If you can post photos of the lights and overall setup I'll be glad to go through it and help make sure it's just right for him. It's probably good that you're investing in a new UVB light either way. Those are so critical it's best not to mess with chance on them. I suggest getting a nice 22'' T5 UVB bulb and fixture. Those tend to be the best bet at the moment. I like this combo a lot http://www.lightyourreptiles.com/22-t-5-ho-fixture-high-output-with-arcadia-d3-12-ho-bulb/

Where are you measuring the 90-95 temps? You want the basking surface to be between about 100-110 with areas around that in the 90s and a gradient down to about 75-85 on the cool end. You want to adjust the lighting based on surface temps so it's best to use an IR temp gun or digital thermometers with probes that go on the surfaces around the tank to get the best readings.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbeardiemom09
Top Bottom