Pumpkin coated greens

Status
Not open for further replies.

adasimone

Hi, New owner here. I have a 1 year old female named Thorson. She just got treated by the vet for diarrhea issues a few weeks ago and the vet said overall she is extremely healthy.

Thorson takes a ton of time between poops and hardly eats any greens, even when we give her only greens. I've tried mustard greens, chard and watercress. Since we saw the vet we've been feeding her exclusively greens, the occasional blueberry and gut-loaded dubias.

She hadn't pooped in awhile so I gave her about two chunks of canned pumpkin (no sugar or spices) the size of a marble. She loved it. This morning, my husband took the same amount and coated her greens with it. She ate almost all of them right away! She also finally pooped.

Is it ok to give her this amount of pumpkin every day if it means she eats her greens?

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Yeah pumpkin is fine to offer. If she likes pumpkin you might try different kinds of squash too. My guy loves squash cut up into small worm shapes on his salads.

76248-9983280538.jpg

adasimone

Original Poster
She does love butternut squash too! She'll eat that and ignore her greens if I give it to her. We were so excited by the pumpkin-covered greens. I just didn't know if it was ok to be an every day thing since it works as a laxative.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
It's probably not an ideal staple but if she likes it it's fine to include as part of a bigger salad on a regular basis.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lillyjane
Top Bottom