From Syringe Feeding to Live Prey after Injury

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anglin237

Most of you know that after Rocket's broken jaw, we were syringe feeding her until it healed. Now I have a whole different issue with her. Her jaw is completely healed, but she still isn't eating on her own. Now, I don't know if it's due to her having trouble seeing the crickets because of her lost eye or because she's now used to her food coming from me. She isn't eating her veg either, which she was before the incident and she isn't really drinking. Any advice on how to transition her back to a natural feeding pattern would be greatly appreciated.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
She still may not feel all that great. I would try hand feeding her normal foods a little at a time and see if you can get her interest. It may take a while and if she refuses then keep with the syringe feeding for now. Hopefully she will start to feel OK again soon and dig in more on her own but may wind up preferring hand feeding.

Anglin237

Original Poster
CooperDragon":156nll30 said:
She still may not feel all that great. I would try hand feeding her normal foods a little at a time and see if you can get her interest. It may take a while and if she refuses then keep with the syringe feeding for now. Hopefully she will start to feel OK again soon and dig in more on her own but may wind up preferring hand feeding.

I tried last night with some pinhead crickets by hand. She gobbled them so quickly I had to fish more out of the cricket tank. :blob8: since she was still hungry after 15 small crickets, I tried with some mango and mustard greens. They went away just as quickly as the crickets. This morning, she was waiting for me to get her out and feed her breakfast. In addition to the crickets, she ate a very small superworm. The verdict seems to be that for now, she prefers for her food to be handed to her.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineP95
Top Bottom