Balance of Food? Roaches and Nutrigrubs

Status
Not open for further replies.

alexa3129

My beardy is about 3 months old. I had been feeding him just Dubia Roaches as well as greens and occasionally some mealworms. I have just began giving him nutrigrubs. I read that you don’t have to dust them but should I be dusting anything else? Such as the roaches. Do I still need to give reptivite? I was also wondering how many I should be giving him a day if he is still eating roaches as well. Should I cut back on roaches if I’m giving him nutrigrubs? Thanks in advance for any help!

xxCRAZEE

Hmm..To be honest I would fall back on the mealworms altogether until he is at least 16".

As for the Nutrigrubs (known as BSFL) and Dubias, I would mix it up and continue feeding him both along with fruits and veggies. The more the variety of insects as well as fruits and veggies, the better.

Honestly, I would feed him both BSFL and Dubias each feeding, or completely alternate them each week so he never gets tired of either. Feed him as much as he'll eat in 15 minutes, within that time period if he stops eating or shows disinterest. Don't force him, he'll stop when he's full.

Welcome to the forums! :blob5:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bert_L
Top Bottom