Two year old beardie turns her nose to Fruit and Veg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tee11

Hi,
I recently adopted a two year old female beardie, her name is Lucille, she quite a chubba babba and was only ever fed super worms, I currently have her eating super worms and dubia roaches and have been trying my best to get her to eat any veg but she literally just turns her nose to it and waddles away, I mush it up and rub it on her mouth, I offer her pieces in her viv every now and then to see if her curiosity will get the best of her but she will just taste and look at me in disgust. (I have offered her apple, carrot, watermelon, pumpkin, spinach, plums, she wants none of it)
Could anyone please advise on how to make the veggies more desirable for her, she is being such a diva.

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
Well.... join the club.

Peppa loved her greens as a hatchling and juvenile but as she got older she decided they are yuck. SO daddy has be cunning to get her to eat some on a regular basis ( by gutloading the crickets with choi ) and giving silkworms full of green stuff from eating mulberry leaves and , even slipping bits of green into her mouth between her crickets (if she cottons on she spits it out and gives me the stink eye then clamps her jaws shut until I offer something she likes (ie some honey , or a cricket , or mealworm pupa or beetle).

I don't obsess over it, I do try to follow this for her diet though : viewtopic.php?f=18&t=236074

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineP95
Top Bottom