Another veggie topic...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Matang613

So, it's my understanding that beardies don't really need much as far as veggies are concerned until they're about a year. Mine is about 5 months old now and right at a foot long. I can not get him to try anything other than live feeders. He went through a grumpy phase for a few weeks and I was putting greens in his mouth when he was mad, but he won't try anything on his own. I keep making these really nice mixes of greens, peppers, carrots, and squash. He has licked the salad once or twice, but never eats any of it and I wind up throwing it all out. He did eat two blueberries, but obviously that doesn't have the nutritional value of veggies. Being that he's only 5 months and growing so steadily I don't want to skip a meal to leave the salad as his only option for the day, of course.

Is it normal for him to skip the veggies so completely at his age or should he at least be picking at it by now?

rjaimz1

It can be hard to get some beardies to eat their veggies. You should offer them every day. Try a fresh green bean cut in small pieces. Everyone I had has gone crazy for them. It helps that they are a staple veggie. Beardies take different amounts of time to really have alot of interest in veggies. Make sure they are cut small. There are a few tricks to get them to eat greens..try ripping off a piece and moving it in front of the dragon..this sometimes works.. another trick is to put worms in the veggie bowl so they recognize it as food and it triggers a natural response to eat. I would not worry to much at this age. Just make sure you are offering them every day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineP95
Top Bottom