Putting baby food on greens?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I felt like my beardie just wasn't getting enough veggies. I am very busy and do the best I can. I raise silkworms and get her crickets, Bsfl, superworms so I feel like she gets enough variety for insects. I decided to get some baby food veggies, squash, greens beans, mixed veg., sweet potato, etc and have been putting them on her greens, mustard, collards, and kale. She LOVES it, eats her greens like never before, I also put some fruit 2-3 time a weeks. Any reason why the baby food might be a bad idea. Label says its just the vegetable and water.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
If she likes it, go for it. The baby food is just pureed veges and water so it's not harmful. The downside is that it can get expensive. It's easy enough to make your own by blending veges with water and then sending it through a strainer and cheesecloth until it gets the same consistency as baby food. That part might not even be as necessary since you're using it as a salad topping rather than syringe feeding.

gunslingers

Original Poster
Thanks for the response, I figured it was fine just like to hear it from someone else, money vs time saved totally worth it, thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mangobango4
Top Bottom