Baby Beardie not eating his insects

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello you guys I hope someone can help..I’ve had my baby Beardie for a month now I got him from PetSmart btw they gave me all the wrong info ?. He seemed to be eating his mealworms when I first got him which I stopped feeding him because, he stopped eating them. Which was probably for the best. I switched to wax worms he ate a few of them and stopped eating them too again probably for the best since I hear meal/wax worms are like Beardie junk food! But he loves mustard greens and cabbage!! I’m just concerned that he’s not getting his protein!!! Tomorrow I plan on getting him some pinhead crickets I hope it works...any suggestions on what I can do to get my baby eating his insects? I need help I’m a new Beardie mom!

destiny1998

Extreme Poster
Photo Comp Winner
Hi. Can you give a rundown of the set up? Lights used? Brands? Temps and how you take them? Size of the enclosure? I would try Phoenix worms, Dubai roaches and Silk worms. Crickets are fine. They like variety.

Maniluvsbeardies

Original Poster
destiny1998":188vrays said:
Hi. Can you give a rundown of the set up? Lights used? Brands? Temps and how you take them? Size of the enclosure? I would try Phoenix worms, Dubai roaches and Silk worms. Crickets are fine. They like variety.

Yes, I’m using the zoo med bearded dragon starter kit it came with a 20” tank..I’m switching his uvb light because I just recently found out that the one that came with the kit which is the terrarium hood which came with a cfl ReptiSun 5.0...is harmful to my baby so I take him outside to get some sun for about 30-40 mins until I can get him a new one next week (it’s nice and sunny here ?). Temps are about 105 in his basking area and about 90 in his cool area. He’s a playful, sweet, and calm baby he just won’t eat his protien ?. Should I try to force feed him worst case senario? And I greatly appreciate your response! ?

Maniluvsbeardies

Original Poster
destiny1998":2kphzqu4 said:

The crickets worked he loved them! ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineP95
Top Bottom