Is this store bought gel food any good?

Status
Not open for further replies.

4b4the22

Hi guys, I'm new to reptile ownership and so is my family. My grandparents have taken an interest in my pet and they like him a lot and have been gifting me a lot of nice stuff for him for my birthday and christmas.

Some of it has been great! They got me a nice hammock for him, a background for the tank, and twice theyve helped me replace my repti carpet. They always want to hear if he likes the stuff they got and they're very excited about all of it which is sweet of them.

At Christmas however, they got me a container of store reptile food. From what I can gather, its a nutrient powder that solidifies in water and can be cut into chunks for food. I only feed my pet feeder insects and fresh vegetables and have tried to stay away from storebought stuff.

At the same time, I dont want to insult them. What do you guys think of this stuff? Does it have any nuritional value whatsoever? Should I just toss it? Could I mix it with some other stuff? Let me know if any of you have experience with this stuff.

Heres a picture of the stuff
88165-6700501507.jpg

VenusAndSaturn

Sub-Adult Member
It can be good when you run out of food or as a treat, or probably a salad topping.
I have that plus a few other things that repashy makes.
I've never tried the veggie burger yet but I've been meaning to, I've tried the grub pie before and they didnt like it too much but the repashy bluey buffet insect based omnivore mix my beardies for the most part seemed to love.

Although I only give this if I have an excess amount from a batch that I make for my blue tongue skink as she eats this stuff most of the time, plus other foods.

Lilo12

I use it with my own dragon to add some variety to her diet but not as staple. She likes it and it seems to have better ingredients than other commercial diets so I feel ok giving it to her. It's good to have on hand in my personal opinion. I was certainly glad to have it when hurricane Irma hit my location and we didn't have power for a week and a half. I was still able to make it with a gas stove and water. That and the grub pie that repashy makes, I was able to keep her fed. She's going really well with fresh greens/veggie and the occasional veggie burger/grub pie and I think she likes the variety.

Over all I like using the repashy veggie burger, grub pie and their calcium/vitamin supplement and my girl is healthy. I would recommend keeping it ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineP95
Top Bottom