Superworm to baby beardie help please ;-;

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rdeitro

My beardie is about 1-2 months months old, i had to rush to LA for a few days and instructed my mom on how to feed him, he eats usually 20-30 small dubias a day but she fed him 4-5 small super worms i have for a different pet. I've heard they're quite bad for small beardies so im very freaked out :cry: is there anything i can feed him to help with possible impaction?

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
I think their size is the main concern for a young dragon. Was he able to chew them up well? I would offer him extra water by dripping it on his nose to lick up. Keeping him hydrated will help him digest and pass everything through his system. If he was able to chew them up and they weren't large worms to begin with it's probably OK. Look for longer than usual span between poops, lethargic behavior, or trouble moving his back legs as signs of a possible problem.

Rdeitro

Original Poster
they were very small, like light colored not dark bc they weren't full grown, she said he chomped them right down without any issues. id say curled up they were smaller than the space between his eyes easily, probably the size of a normal roach i would feed. Thanks for your input friend! ill def try to get him to take some extra water and keep an eye on his bm's

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
Best only as a very rare treat. Even if they are soft just molted and small, they have a very high fat content.
viewtopic.php?f=76&t=234999&p=1807834#p1807834

If he likes worms , buy some silkworms for him , they are very nutritious, easy to care for, very soft and squishy, and most lizards LUV them. Plus they are perfect to use as staple feeder insect and part of his daily diet of live insects - infact I've raised 2 batches of hatchlings and juveniles using silkworms as an entire meal each day , ie two feeds of crickets + feed of silkworms each day.
Or one feed of BSFL + one feed of silkworms + one feed of crickets or roaches or locusts (so he gets to hunt and catch them) would IMO be perfect for a hatchling.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbeardiemom09
Top Bottom