Baby beardie not eating?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SarahMr98

I’ve had my beardie home for about 3 days now and the first two days he would eat a few veggies and a few crickets but today he wouldn’t eat his crickets. He’s in a 20 gallon ( temporary until he’s bigger ) with a 5.0 ubv light and a 100w basking lamp. He’s alert and pooping normally and doesn’t show any signs of being unhealthy that I can see. He mostly just sits on his basking rock and looks around and occasionally will come up to the glass. His temperatures are correct and seems completely fine other than the not eating. Maybe I’m just being paranoid, is he still just getting used to his new home and the people here? It’s the first time I’ve owned a bearded dragon so I just want to be sure he’s happy and healthy!

Note* I do have a large mastiff who is often in the same room as him but pays little to no attention to my beardie, couldn’t care less to be honest. Could he be frightened of the dog?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Daniefran04
Top Bottom