12 month feeding schedule?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Caitlinp99

Hi everyone :)
My beardie is 12 months old next month and I was just wondering how you guys feed your dragons at this age?
I’ve seen some people say they feed livefood once a day everyday but also I’ve seen some say they feed every other day.
Also, do you offer salad everyday?
I’m just trying to work out a schedule for her in advance.
Thanks! :)

VenusAndSaturn

Sub-Adult Member
I usually follow this kind of feeding guide that I made, it helps and seems to work good.
Sometimes I'll switch the beardies to every other day once they hit 18 months to slowly ease them into only eating bugs twice a week.

A young bearded dragons diet generally is about 70% bugs and 20% greens and 10% fruits.
Meanwhile an adult bearded dragons diet is about 20% bugs, 70% greens and 10% fruits.
(This is just a rough estimate of the diet)

All life stages eat 10-20 bugs a feeding.
1-4 months 3x a day.
4-12 months 2x a day.
12-20 months once a day.
20+ months twice a week at the least, every other day at the most.

Staple feeders - Crickets, locusts, grasshoppers, silkworms, black soldier fly larvae, dubia roaches, turkish roaches, possibly earthworms.

Treat feeders - Waxworms, hornworms, superworms, mealworms, butterworms.
Wax worms - once a week, 4-5 max.
Hornworms - every other day to every two days, 4-6 max.
Mealworms - every other day to every two days, 5-10 max. Only for beardies above 6 months.
Superworms - once or twice a week, 3-4 max. Only for beardies above 12 months.
Butterworms - once or twice a week, 3-4 max.

Daily greens- Turnip/collard/mustard greens, endive, and kale if added to a mixture of the other staple greens mentioned.
Fruit once or twice a week - Banana, strawberries, blueberries, blackberries, red raspberries.
For more food items -
http://www.thebeardeddragon.org/bearded
http://www.beautifuldragons.com/Nutrition.html

You want two supplements at the very least, a calcium and a multivitamin.

Generally beardies below two years need calcium 5x a week and multivitamins 2x a week.

However beardies above two years or at two years of age need calcium only 2-4x a week with
multivitamins 1-2x a week.
This depends on how your adult beardie is with diet, health, just laid eggs, is laying eggs, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineP95
Top Bottom