Going on vacation for 5 day

Status
Not open for further replies.

ADmrs02

I have a baby bearded dragon whos 2 months old and about 9.5 inches. I'm leaving for vacation Thursday night tp Tuesday morning nd my father will be taking care of him as much as possible. He is doing it as he is extremely responsible and will be taking care of the rest of my animals including 3 cats a dog a ball python and fish. The problem is he works 9am-5:30pm as a projects manager and he works quite far. He will be leaving a large bowl of BSFL dusted with calcium in his (my dragons) bowl while at work and will provide more insects and a bowl of salad for my dragon around 7 and 8. Additionally he will be misted every other day. The heating lamp will be on all day and turned off around 10:30 and my beardie will be put to sleep. Fresh water will also be provided. Is there anything that should be changed in this plan? Should I give my father anymore instructions? Im not going to get a pet sitter because i have severe trust issues and have has this problem for as long as i can remember so please don't reccomened I get one, especially with my beloved animals.
An additional problem is the BSFL wont be deliver to my house until Friday afternoon will it be okay if the insects stay in their box a few more hours? It will be in the high 60s to low 60s

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
I don't think that will be a problem at all. Do you have your lights on a timer? That is very helpful to have in place and mechanical outlet timers are pretty cheap & easy to find. Leaving the BSFL in the tank is good and if he can replace them as needed and clean the tank as needed that should be enough for a few days.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineP95
Top Bottom