How should I be feeding my 8 year old dragon?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tvanhelene

I just want to make sure I’m doing the right thing. I’ve modtly just fed her super worms in her cage, and occasionally take her into the sink to get some water. I’m pretty sure this is inadequate. What other insect should I use? Calcium powder? She’s never really showed an interest in the veggies I’m giver her. What could I try so she can eat veggies? Thanks!

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
Tvanhelene":2ik9rznt said:
I just want to make sure I’m doing the right thing. I’ve modtly just fed her super worms in her cage, and occasionally take her into the sink to get some water. I’m pretty sure this is inadequate. What other insect should I use? Calcium powder? She’s never really showed an interest in the veggies I’m giver her. What could I try so she can eat veggies? Thanks!

With a few minor tweaks for her advanced age (8 years old is a very good effort) i would be following this guide very closely ,
viewtopic.php?f=18&t=236074
choosing best feeders from this
viewtopic.php?f=76&t=234999&p=1807834#p1807834
just being careful to choose the easier to catch and process while most nutritious insects (such as silkworms) as her protein staples.

Personally , I'd reserve the supers for her as treats and convert over to silkworms as her staple insect , the mulberry greens or chow they eat have health benefits so she'll be getting a doublewhammy nutritionally from the silkworms.
She may never eat veg unless via her live insects (as gut loading) unless you hand feed them to her (which may work) or perhaps try processing the greens and vegs so they are very finely chopped in food processor (this can work - I've done this myself) or perhaps try her out on a mix of Repashi GrubPie And VeggieBurger .

If she's healthy , I wouldn't be overly concerned about he not liking the salad or vegs.

If she's reached 8 years old in your care with no significant health issues you must be something right - keep on doing it and she may get another 8 years or longer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
georgiarichmond
Top Bottom