Beardie won't eat crickets

Status
Not open for further replies.

budzoboy

Hi All,
I got JoJo from a friends grandson, who could not keep her in his apt. She is approx. 5 years old, and he weaned her off of crickets because someone on some board said it was the thing to do.
She eats veggies, fruits and dandelion greens and freeze dried worms, but will not go after live ones, and pushes out the freeze dried crickets in her food bowl.
how can I get her interested in eating them again, or should I not worry about I?

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
At 5 years old she should be eating mostly veges so it's good that she eats those. Give her a salad every day and try to offer as much variety as you can. I like to offer 2-3 items from this list in each salad and rotate based on what looks fresh at the store each week http://www.beautifuldragons.com/Nutrition.html

If she doesn't like crickets, that's OK. She will still need a little bit of protein but one or two live bug meals per week is plenty, especially if she is eating her veges. You might try some different feeders and see what she prefers. Black soldier fly larvae, silk worms, and horn worms are all good options to offer, as are dubia roaches.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommatojack
Top Bottom