Baby bearded dragon won't eat much.

Status
Not open for further replies.

trippinfrogg

Hi, I recently got a baby bearded dragon, she's about 4 to 5 inches i think she's about a month old. I had no intention of getting it, but I was in a pet store and next thing I know I walk out with her. I didn't do any research or anything I didn't know how complicated it is to get it all set. Ive done research but am still confused on somethings. Mostly the lighting. Which I figured is why She isn't eating much. I had the wrong lights but I fixed that. She has a reptisun 10.0 uvb 18 in bulb. A 150w intense basking bulb and a 100w ceramic heater. It took me 2 days to get the uvb light. But, i got it now, still a little worried the setup isnt right, like shes not getting enough exposure but anywho. She didn't eat the first day I had her, the second day she ate 2 crickets, the next day she ate nothing, yesterday I went out and got her some dubias, superworms and more crickets. Also, those 3 days I was trying to feed her myself. She wouldn't eat so I'd put the crickets dusted with calcium in her bowl in her tank but she still wouldn't eat. She may have eaten one or two but I can't be sure because I didn't see. But, when I went and got her the dubias I also got a clear box to feed her in. I had crickets in there when I put her in and almost instantly she started eating. I saw that and threw in some dubias. In total she ate 5 crickets and 4 dubias. Which was great, I thought I finally got the lighting right and she would be okay. I'm really worried because she is so tiny. And I know babies require more. But today, she only ate 3 dubias and 4 superworms. Yes, I also now know that I should be careful with that because of the shell. I'm not feeding her any for a while. She still hasn't pooped today which is why i got worried. And when i tried to feed her again several hours later she had no interest in them. I'm really worried that something is wrong.

KeyBlu422

Juvie Member
It's more the supposed kink in the digestive tract. Adult dragons can digest the hard shelling but they lack the apparent kink in the digestive tract that babies have.
Three things : what are you using to draw temperatures and how is your uvb positioned? And second, update me if she eats tomorrow or soon, otherwise the supers may have impacted her. 3. Is she showing signs of shedding?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lillyjane
Top Bottom