His food

Status
Not open for further replies.

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
The pellets are NOT suitable to be used as food for a hatchling or young juvenile dragon despite the advertising and the claims by the staff at the pet shop.
Your dragon is unlikely to eat them unless physically forced to do so.

One tub of crickets wont last a hungry hatchling / juvenile dragon more than a few days.

Bravodenton

Original Poster
U are dumb from what I put were do u see I got one tube of crickets I said I got if u can read 100 large and 100 small and 50 supper worms smh bruh I know there is somebody else u can go mess with I'm really not the one u want to keep poking at so plz just leave me alone

Bravodenton

Original Poster
If u call what your doing helping then u have no clue what u doing telling me that I still don't have enough to feed my dragon when I know I do is not helping me so like I said go somewhere else plz

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Hey there, good that you got some chow for your little guy. :) Can you post a pic of the crickets to show what size they are ? Be sure not to give him any bugs that are larger than the space between his eyes. The reason is that even though a small beardie can swallow them they can't digest them and their back end can become paralyzed. It's a real thing so you have to be sure. The superworms are O.K if they are only the small ones and only fed a few at a time, anything large will also cause impaction.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
The larger ones look to be too much for him but you can pinch off or smash the head and pull off the back legs. Otherwise it can be harmful if he swallows the large ones. Be sure that he stays in the tank for at least 2 hours after every meal, the heat helps them digest their food. If he's out of the tank after eating he won't be able to digest his meal which will make him sick.

Oh, and how big are the superworms ? Take a pic next to a coin.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
O.K, that's good. Not too many supers, they can make him vomit if he overeats. But one inch size is O.K if you give him just a few. You can split his meals in to 2 X a day .

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Glad you were able to get some food for him now. On the crickets, try to feed the ones which
are smaller than the space between the eyes. That will hopefully avoid impaction issues.
How is he doing today?
Does he eat the pellets any at all? One thing you can do with those is soak them in a diluted
apple juice to make them more palatable & softer, unless he likes them crunchy.

Tracie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vaota88
Top Bottom