Ideal/Recommended Feeding Schedules for Juvenile

Status
Not open for further replies.

Metone

I've got a decent concept on what I'll be feeding him, but I'm still iffy on how often to dust his crickets/small dubia, whether to feed him mealworms or not, and what is a good and proper feeding agenda. Thanks in advance!

lizardmom25

Hatchling Member
I ma feeding my juvenile twice a day 30 or so bugs and dusting every feed with repashy calcium plus. If you are using a separate calcium and multivitamin I believe the suggestion s 5x a week with calcium and 2x a week with multivitamin. I would say no to mealworms. They are hard on their systems, and from what i understand not safe at all for dragons under 14 inches.

Metone

Original Poster
Thank you lizardmom, I figured the exoskeleton of a mealworm wouldn't be good for a juvenile. :D

Following

Also, what size is the OP's juvenile? I was told ours is a juvenile, and then that he's a year old. He's now about 14.5" snout to tail tip. Just trying to make sure I am feeding him enough insects. I feed once a day (sometimes an evening snack) and have not ever fed him 30 crickets in a day like I am reading some people do. He's probably at most had 3-4 superworms, or ~6 "medium" "large" (depending on where I buy from) crickets (no bigger than eye width). He loves his salad.

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
Metone":1c03z9js said:
I've got a decent concept on what I'll be feeding him, but I'm still iffy on how often to dust his crickets/small dubia, whether to feed him mealworms or not, and what is a good and proper feeding agenda. Thanks in advance!

Depends on the dragon's age and development. Hatchlings have different requirements to juveniles , and juveniles to adults.

At one year old he's only a juvenile and still has about a year and a lot growing and development to do , my gang were still getting two feeds of live insects per day (crickets & silkworms) and greens every day at 12 months old.

Peppa was 465g at 1 year old, she is now about 2.4 yrs old and 750-780g and 25 inches long.

As a rule , mealworms (and superworms) are treats ONLY for any dragon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineP95
Top Bottom