Another veggie topic...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shidohari

Hatchling Member
I keep a salad in my beardie's enclosure daily on a white paper towel. The color contrast attracts their eye. They may not go for it right away but keep at it. My beardie likes Belgium Endive and zucchini. Since my beardie only eats mealworms because she doesn't like crickets i always make sure to dust the veg instead of the protein since the exo skeletons of meal worms won't take the dusting very well. Try to position the veg paper towel on the cool side of the enclosure out of the direct light from the uvb lights so that the veg doesn't dry out as fast.

Even if they aren't eaten right away change them once every 12-24 hours depending on if your beardie's left a gift on the towel or they've gotten too dry. Make sure to cut all veg in pieces no bigger than the space between their eyes to prevent impaction.

There's articles on the site here that show what veg are good for beardies and in what amounts. And the beardie always having veg available will give them a late night snack if they sneak out for it after the lights go out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbeardiemom09
Top Bottom