Is This A Good Schedule?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jenspets

I have recently adopted a 2 year old male bearded dragon. I have came up with this feeding schedule and I was wondering if it sounded good.
Btw, he is getting a ReptiSun 10.0 HO t5 uvb bulb.

Monday: staple insects (crickets, roaches, or bsfl) with calcium w/o d3

Wednesday: staple insects with calcium w/o d3

Friday: staple insects with a few occasional insects with calcium with d3

Sunday: staple insects and some occasional insects (super worms, hornworms, etc.) with multivitamins

He will be fed vegetables everyday (collard greens, turnip greens, dandelion greens, green beans, etc.)

Does this sound like a good feeding schedule for a 2 year old? Any advice would be awesome! Thanks!

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
For a two year old (as long as he is generally in good health) I would reduce the bug meals. Since he is an adult you can offer a bug meal once or twice a week (offering a few worm treats in between is fine) but a nice big salad every day. Offering a variety of veges in a salad is key to a healthy adult diet. Rotate what you offer based on whatever looks freshest at the store. I like to offer 2-3 items from this list in each salad http://www.beautifuldragons.com/Nutrition.html after a while you'll find what his favorites are and can keep them in the rotation more regularly.

jenspets

Original Poster
Ok, if I reduce the bugs to 3 times a week, Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, how should I do the supplements?

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Just dust the bugs with calcium at every meal and substitute with a multivitamin once in a while. Maybe every 6th or 7th feeding. If you offer a nice variety in the salads they will provide a lot of the vitamins and nutrients needed on their own.

jenspets

Original Poster
I got some feedback from another person on this forum and came up with this schedule:

Monday: staple insects with calcium w/o d3

Wednesday: staple insects with calcium with d3

Friday: staple insects with some occasional insects with multivitamins

Do you think this sounds like a better schedule? Thanks

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
As long as you are offering a salad every day that's OK. I still think it's too many bugs for an adult. If you can get them eating their salads it will provide most of the nutrients they need. I offer bugs to my adult dragon every 6-7 days or so while he eats a salad every day.

jenspets

Original Poster
Ok. I will try feeding insects 3 times a week and see if it works for us. If it doesn’t, I will reduce it. Thanks.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Sounds good. They all have individual preferences so it's best to try some different things and do what works best in your situation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
georgiarichmond
Top Bottom