Feeding Veggies

Status
Not open for further replies.

MIMI510

My beardie is a little over a year and doesn’t care for his veggies. I thought he would be eating more now that he is older. I chop up Bok Choy, Carrots, Collard, Mustard and Turnip greens and put them in a shallow dish and every once in a while he will eat a bit or two but not everyday. He loves canned pumpkin so I normally get a medicine dropper and mix that with his calcium power so at least I know he’s getting his vitamins. Any advise to get him to start eating his veggies? I also feed him Dubias and every day and super worms every once and a while because he seems to get bored of the Dubias.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Try reducing the bug meals to every other day or every three days and see if that helps. I would also try offering more veges in addition to greens. I've had really good luck with chopped up summer squash, chopped green beans, and chopped bell pepper added to the salads.

MIMI510

Original Poster
Do Beardies normally eat everyday? I always provide them for him but was just wondering. I will give more veggies with his salads and see how it goes. Thanks so much!

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
My beardies have always eaten some live bugs every day , and had salad to graze on too. Peppa is not much of veggie eater - I have to hand feed her's to her and more often than not and she'll usually spit it out , loves her crickets !!! so I make sure to gut load them very well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbeardiemom09
Top Bottom