rinsing off bsfl

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm trying to switch my 9 month old BD from crickets to BSFL, which he has been liking just fine. However, the couple shipments I've received so far have been packed in coconut fiber in a dirt-like consistency. Since many of these bits are the same size as the larvae, it's been a hassle rinsing them off. I've read that a small amount of the medium they live in is ok to ingest, but I'd rather rinse them clean before feeding them.

Anyone have a method where the larvae don't slip through a colander along w/the fibers?

lizardmom25

Hatchling Member
Petsmart sells a fine mesh strainer that works ok. It gets most of the dirt like stuff off, but the a lrger bits are still left. Honestly, I have gone back to ordering from phoenix worm store because theirs aren't shipped in coco fiber and are much easier to rinse. If you are buying in the volume necessary to feed a juvenile dragon, they aren't that much more expensive than other suppliers. I figure the convenience alone is worth the extra cost, plus I find their sorts more consistent than other places I have tried. I'm not getting tiny worms in my order for mediums or larges.

themonsterxcurse

Original Poster
Thanks! I read on their site that the shipping medium falls off more easily after being rinsed if allowed to dry on a paper towel. That way it'll dry and the larvae will wiggle away from it. I'll give it a shot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommatojack
Top Bottom