Bearded dragon eating rock

Status
Not open for further replies.
My dragon just started having crickets again ive had him on superworms and i started getting him crickets again he seems more lively.... i just fed him he had 5 crickets and 4 superworms but then he proceeded to chew on one of the rocks in his enclosure and digging in the corners as if he was looking for somthing......why is he doing these things

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
If you have gravel or sand in the viv, this is a very dangerous impaction risk for a dragon. I strongly recommend NO particulate substrates.

If the rock mentioned is small enough to be swallowed - it must be removed immediately. If ingested, it's very likely to kill the dragon.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Are you dusting the bugs with calcium supplement? He may be going after the rocks to get vitamins/minerals. He could just be in an active phase that has him more aggressive than usual in which case I'd let him run around a bit to burn off some energy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineP95
Top Bottom