Beardie won’t go for food

Status
Not open for further replies.
My Beardie is incredibly lazy and will remain in the one spot for most of the day / night . I got him yesterday from somebody who has kept him in wrong conditions (temperature is only 27•C with 60 watt bulb and uv is repti glo 5.0) when I put food in he just looks at it and doesn’t move to get it and the previous owner said they have to put food over to his mouth !

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
A lot of that probably has to do with lighting as you mentioned. Have you upgraded the lighting to provide adequate temperatures and proper UVB exposure? Once that is in place it may take some time to show effects but should provide for better appetite and overall health.

Lukemcc859

Original Poster
CooperDragon":ewyxwkz1 said:
A lot of that probably has to do with lighting as you mentioned. Have you upgraded the lighting to provide adequate temperatures and proper UVB exposure? Once that is in place it may take some time to show effects but should provide for better appetite and overall health.

Upgraded the lighting to a reptisun 10.0 ,,, basking light is this not sure what thoughts are on it maybe you could tell me ?I have the 100w version.https://www.reptiles.swelluk.com/ex...UlWmuKAM5OKDRMsyAi6Aww1QdQofY2DQaAsOJEALw_wcB

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
El heffe
Top Bottom