Water Conditioner?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don’t know if this is supposed to be in the feeding tab, but oh well.

So basically I was looking for a water conditioner to start using for my beardie Percy, and I accidentally bought one for tutles and other aquatic animals. It says it :

-Helps neutralize harmful chlorine, chloramines and ammonia

-Detoxifies copper and other heavy metals

It doesn’t say If can use it for reptiles that aren’t aquatic, but I just want to be safe.

So, can I use turtle/aquatic animal water conditioner in my beardie’s baths and drinking water?

KeyBlu422

Juvie Member
I'm sure others will weigh in on this but here's my guess. I think it'd be fine seeing as reptisafe has much of the same targets in its description. If you're unsure though, you can also leave out the container of water you want to give to your beardy outside where the sun can hit it. Leave the container with the lid off for 24 hours. Now you just did the same thing as the reptisafe would have done for free(source : Goherping)

BugandTino

Original Poster
KeyBlu422":3eals34q said:
I'm sure others will weigh in on this but here's my guess. I think it'd be fine seeing as reptisafe has much of the same targets in its description. If you're unsure though, you can also leave out the container of water you want to give to your beardy outside where the sun can hit it. Leave the container with the lid off for 24 hours. Now you just did the same thing as the reptisafe would have done for free(source : Goherping)

I actually live in Canada so I can’t really leave it out in the sun or it’ll freeze lol, but I think based on further research I only use the water conditioner if I really have to, or if I make sure he doesn’t drink too much/any of it.

KeyBlu422

Juvie Member
BugandTino":17drzskv said:
KeyBlu422":17drzskv said:

I actually live in Canada so I can’t really leave it out in the sun or it’ll freeze lol, but I think based on further research I only use the water conditioner if I really have to, or if I make sure he doesn’t drink too much/any of it.

My 5 year old beardy used to drink water from the fridge or, from the sink and then poured into a Brita filter. He's still alive and kicking so I presume that reptisafe is somewhat a gimmick or at the very least, an item to use to be super super safe with your beardy. I've known others with my same experience with no problems at all as well. But about Canada, ha! That's pretty funny, here in the states, I live in an area where temps are usually 90-100+ except for winter.

budzoboy

I go to Wal-Mart and buy 12 packs of 20oz purified water for $2.00
I use that in her water bowl.
I have always used bottled water for my dragons

just a FYI!!

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
I don't think tap water (in most cases) has high enough levels of anything to be harmful. Running water through a pur/brita filter is a good idea if you're concerned with the quality of the tap water but I wouldn't bother with water conditioners. I run my water through a pur filter to help the taste and my dragon drinks that too but I wouldn't hesitate to offer tap water if I didn't already filter drinking water.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yunasmama
Top Bottom