What greens do I use as a staple specifically?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kiley

I’m wondering what greens specifically I could feed my bearded dragon every day because I have been using kale and I have been reading you should not use a lot of kale and I think it might be makin my bearded dragon feel bad because for the past 2 days she has been really dark and tired.

RockysMom

Hatchling Member
All of my dragons have LOVED mustard greens. I now grow them year round so that they are more readily available. I can usually find them in a regular grocery store, but during the winter months, sometimes I've had to go to the more organic stores (like whole foods) to find them.

Also, my dragons like to eat dandelion greens. They are a bit harder to find, as only one store near me carries them during the summer and it's hit or miss.

Hope this helps!

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
They all have their favorites. My guy loves collards and kale (kale is fine) and bok choy. He doesn't like mustard greens much and tolerates turnip greens. (Turnip greens were Cooper's favorite though). I just rotate based on what looks freshest at the store and try to offer as much variety as possible.

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
Hard to go past the BeautifulDragons list.

Other good ones not listed are dandelion (flowers, green seed pods, leaves), nasturtion (flowers & leaves), rose petals, edible flowers, clover (leaves and flowers), grape leaves (not ornamental), mulberry leaves, lemon tree flowers.

Our staple greens here (Australia / shop bought) are buk choi , puk choi, kale, only the green leafy bits.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Go88app
Top Bottom